Happy to birthday to me! Thank goodness for God reigning down his Grace and Mercy on my life for me to live to see my 28th birthday! Every birthday always has me emotional for the simple fact there are a lot of experiences, trials, and tribulations that I’ve endured from one year to the next. However, the majority of that year wasn’t full of storms, each year brought forth numerous blessings and an abundance of lessons that I will forever be grateful for. Like any other birthday, I want to take the time to do some self-reflection but also to recap some of the most important lessons that I’ve learned in my 28 years of life.
1. Spend your alone time in prayer and building a relationship with God.
2. Enjoy your time with your family because life is short.
3. Train your mind to think positive thoughts.
4. Take care of your body!
5. You become the best version of yourself every year. Give yourself credit for the work you’ve done to reach each new level.
6. Accept the things you cannot change and change the things that you’re able to change.
7. Check yourself! Check your mindset, check your attitude, and check your demeanor.
8. Remove yourself from things or people who do not mirror your ultimate goal(s) in life.
9. Do not allow other’s opinions or perception taint your goals or ideals. No one else was given the vision for your life except you.
10. Trust your instincts!
11. Love freely!
12. Live freely!
13. Acknowledge and make time for your friends.
14. Travel often.
15. Find some hobbies that you thoroughly enjoy outside of family, friends, and work.
16. NEVER settle for less.
17. Believe in yourself.
18. Read often.
19. Educate yourself constantly and be knowledgeable of what’s going on around you.
20. Don’t carry anyone’s stress, mistakes or selfish decisions.
21. Speak up for yourself!
22. You are responsible for your own happiness.
23. Create meaningful relationships and partnerships.
24. Do things out of love without thinking twice about it.
25. Heal from past experiences and relationships.
26. Therapy is okay!
27. Nobody knows you, like you.
28. Each interaction with someone or any experience is meant to teach you something about yourself or the world.
Now overall, I’ve learned much more than 28 life lessons, trust me BUT these were the ones that have helped me evolve into the woman I am currently. I am so grateful for each experience that has shaped and molded me, the people’s path I have had an opportunity to connect with, and testimonies that I can share with others and ultimately, I am just thankful for life. I must say a year ago today, I was at work, happy as I can be, no cares in the world and content with life. Today, I am just thankful to be alive! It’s cliché but a year from now things will be different.